Culture is my job
Our jobs are in danger
We ask for fast and unbureaucratic financial support
We are professionals with our qualifications, our expertise and our daily commitments within our functions.
We are united: beyond our differences in our roles and interests, we have come together to defend our economic industry.
There are many of us and we all participate in a rich and active ecosystem for the benefit of the whole of society.
Our structures are suffering now of this crisis and we are in danger…
Our expectations of the Confederation and the Cantons:
- Economic and cultural measures must be easily accessible and cover all professional fields of the cultural sector – the self-employed, freelancers, employees, managers and even the companies themselves.
- Applications must be processed quickly and promised monies paid out quickly – in some cases we are still waiting for funds from the first wave and are about to run out.
- Involvement of the associations in planning reopening – realistic perspectives and concepts specific to the sector are needed.
- Objective: binding planning with concepts for which the cultural sector and the authorities are jointly responsible, therefore creating trust among the public.
- Support measures available upto 6 months after the end of the crisis – that’s how long the industry needs to return to normal operations.
- Continuation of regular cultural funding without cutbacks, with criteria adapted to the situation – if we can implement projects, the relief funds will save money and cultural diversity will be preserved.